The day-long event will feature over 125 arts and crafts vendors, community groups and other vendors that will line Elk Grove Boulevard from 2nd Avenue to School Street. Fuel the festivities by visiting the local food trucks stationed within Old Town Plaza.
Decorated with seasonal décor, the local shops and boutiques found throughout Old Town invite you inside to shop for locally made and artisan goods, gifts, clothing and more during Small Business Saturday. Reminder to take advantage of the Elk Grove Local Pass this holiday season to support our small business community while also receiving exclusive savings, deals and discounts at participating storefronts.
When & Where
The 35th Annual Dickens Street Faire will be held on Saturday, November 26, 2022 in Old Town Elk Grove. The seasonal celebration runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is followed by the annual holiday tree lighting ceremony at 6 p.m.
Old Town Elk Grove
Elk Grove Blvd & School St.
Elk Grove, CA 95624
Schedule of Events
The Dickens Street Faire features a delightful mix of free, festive, and family-friendly activities and experiences throughout the day. The 2022 schedule of events is as follows:
- 8-10 A.M. - Get the celebration started early as you enjoy a pancake breakfast with Santa.
- 10 A.M.-5 P.M. - Old Town Elk Grove transforms into a winter wonderland, complete with decorated storefronts, holiday music, craft and vendor booths, family activities, festive food, and plenty of holiday shopping opportunities. The fun continues all day until 5 p.m.
- 10 A.M.-4 P.M. - The Tiny Tim Alley section of Old Town Plaza bustles with jubilance as children work on Christmas-themed crafts, pose for photos with Mrs. Claus and listen to holiday Story Time sessions.
- 11 A.M. - One of the fair’s signature experiences, watch as costumed firefighters from the Cosumnes Fire Department rescue Santa Claus from the roof of the historic Elk Grove Lock & Safe Co. building after he was stranded by his reindeer. Elsewhere in Old Town, sing along to holiday classics as Victorian carolers and other performers bring holiday joy to the streets.
- 11:30 A.M. - Once Santa is safe and sound on solid ground, he and Mrs. Claus will pose for professional photos in the Old Town Plaza.
- 6:00 P.M. - Remember to stay around after the Street Faire ends to watch as the Old Town Elk Grove holiday tree, adorned with thousands of twinkling lights and festive ornaments, is illuminated for the first time this season during a special ceremony featuring Mr. and Mrs. Claus. After the tree lighting, pose for more photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus as you enjoy complimentary cookies and hot cocoa.