- Elk Grove, CA – Runners, joggers, and walkers will be taking to the streets of Elk Grove this Sunday, May 15 for the 11th Annual Kaiser Permanente Running of the Elk.
The race start and finish line will be set-up at District56 (Civic Center Drive at Big Horn Blvd.). Race activities begin at 8:00 am. This event is still looking for volunteers. Lend a hand.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Elk Grove Youth Sports Foundation (EGYSF), an Elk Grove non-profit organization created to ensure that all Elk Grove children have an equal opportunity to be involved in sports.
Street Closures and Detours in effect from 7:00 am to approximately 12:00 pm:
- Civic Center Drive will be closed from Big Horn Blvd. to Laguna Springs Drive
- Northbound Big Horn Blvd. will be closed from Whitelock Parkway to Lotz Parkway
- Both directions of Laguna Springs Drive between Elk Grove Boulevard and Lotz Parkway will be closed. During the closure, a police escort will guide vehicles along Laguna Springs Drive between Elk Grove Boulevard and Auto Passage Drive.
- Auto Center Drive and roads traveling through the Elk Grove Auto Mall will be closed from 7 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Whitelock Parkway will be closed to traffic from West Stockton Boulevard to Lotz Parkway. Vehicle traffic will be allowed to travel in both directions on Whitelock Parkway, west of Lotz Parkway.
Northbound Promenade Parkway will be closed from Kammerer Road to Whitelock Parkway. Residential traffic will be permitted on Promenade Parkway.
- Lotz Pkwy between Whitelock & Big Horn Blvd will be closed.
Westbound Kammerer Road between Promenade Parkway and Bruceville Road will be closed. Eastbound traffic will be allowed.
Bilby Road between Bruceville Road and Big Horn Blvd will be closed. Residential traffic will be allowed on Westbound Bilby from Big Horn Blvd.
- Poppy Ridge Road between Big Horn Blvd and Whitelock Pkwy will be closed.
- Alternative Routes: Motorists travelling north or southbound in this section of the City during the event are encouraged to use Bruceville Road during the closure. East and westbound travelers should use Elk Grove Blvd. to avoid closures.
For questions or concerns before or during the event, please contact the Race Director, Gary Davis at (916) 705-9538, or Elk Grove Police Department Traffic Sergeant Josh Magdaleno at (916) 627-3717.